Lifestyle, Diet and Exercise
Get the best out of yourself through living a healthier lifestyle every day!
We live in a busy world, and sometimes it can be hard to find the time to pay attention to you! Unfortunately, our health can suffer as a result. We see a lot of information in the media about the ever increasing rise in lifestyle related diseases, such as diabetes and cardiovascular diseases.
So it’s important that we all pay attention to how we live, and how we can optimize our health for the future.
Improving your health can have a positive effect on all areas of your life, from how you feel about yourself, to how you perform in your working life. More and more, we see how important it is to live a healthy lifestyle - and it might be easier than you think!
Remember small and simple steps can make all the difference and below are some simple tips that may help you to achieve the healthiest lifestyle for you:
- Try to increase the variety in your diet by aiming to see more colours on your plate.
- Remember fresh is best, include a variety of fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Experiment with recipes and try to make them healthier.
- Take a few minutes before you eat, to think about whether you are really hungry or not.
- Slow down and enjoy what you eat, listen to your body and understand what satisfies you.
- Be mindful by keeping a food dairy. Sometimes this helps you to get into a habit of being aware of what you eat.
- Try to move your body every day, it only takes 30 minutes each day to improve your health.
- Every little bit counts, take the stairs, park the car further away, walk to get the newspaper.
- Make exercise apart of your routine, put it in your diary just like you would with your work tasks or social events.
- Organise to walk with friends instead of having coffee and choose types of exercise you will enjoy for life.
- If you work full time and struggle to fit in exercise make the weekends as active as you can, go to the beach, swim or hike.
- Always be positive about the good changes you make to the way you live, even if they are only small.
- Try to manage stress in ways that do not harm your lifestyle (like stress eating). Exercise is a great stress reliever, but you may also look into other forms of stress relief such as reading, self-care, talking to family or friends or taking up a hobby.
- Support those around you in making changes to exercise and diet.
- Don’t focus on the scales,-keep a list of what else is improving as a result of the changes you are making
If you need further guidance, motivation and support in making changes; our experienced Dietitian may be a great help to you! To make an appointment contact LapSurgery Australia on 9760 2777.